WHY I HAVE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL
The moment came when I heard clearly from the Lord, “Give it all away.” So I set out on the journey to make training videos.
Making videos that equip the saints to do the ministry is by far the hardest thing about my job. (A close second is coding my credit card.)
Stating the obvious here: we live in a video driven age. People would rather watch than read. Regarding the volumes of information I have in writing, you told me you wanted to watch me say it. But that’s not what I wanted to do.
It took me a year of study and practice. I made myself some promises.
1. I would never reshoot because I didn’t like my hair or my earring was crooked.
2. I would never reshoot because my jacket wasn’t straight or my lips weren’t lined just right.
3. I would never self promote on my social media platforms. (If no one watches, I’ll stop making them.)
I learned how to keep smiling, focus on the camera, diminish my sarcastic tendencies, and manage my high need for detail.
Here are the three things I want to accomplish:
1. I want people to be able to use what was made to build the Church. Not just for the beautiful volunteers on the Elgin Campus of Harvest. Not just Harvest Chicago and not just you. I wanted anyone anywhere to be able to learn and share, multiplying what God had done in my life and the life of my team.
2. I want you to make it your own. You don’t have to agree with me on everything. Hyperlink the video into your own email or text and then give your own opinion for what is best for your ministry. These are just opinions. It’s okay to disagree. It won’t hurt my feelings. (Please be civil and don’t call me a name. Smiley face insert.)
3. I want to communicate practical experience, inspirational ministry, my heart, and anything anyone finds helpful so that together we can sustain in ministry for the long haul.
FOR EVEN MORE INFORMATION AND TO HELP YOU ORGANIZE YOUR NOTES, USE THE 10 WEEK SERIES WORKBOOK DOWNLOAD.
Again, here are editable PDFs of my formal training documents called Quick Train. I will explain how to use Quick Trains in a few weeks. Check each blog in this series for new downloadable, free training.
So ladies and gentlemen, here you go: YouTube.com. Always Free. For Everyone.